Oh my god, I live in Japan

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Random shots.

Today, I woke up and got lunch at Skylark Gusto, a family restaurant. Family restaurants are pretty much the same as family restaurants in America, but the food is weird and random, but cheap. Skylark just started serving a kind of sukiyaki dish so I tried it and it was really good!

It was a beautiful day today. I've learned that after typhoons pass, you can expect great weather. Today was no exception. So, I headed to Tsukuba on my bike. Good exercise. I took some pictures.

There was a big science expo in Tsukuba in 1986 or something, and they have a really nice expo center in the middle of the park. In the center there's a life-size rocket. Random, but cool.


On the street between Tsuchiura and Tsukuba, there's a gas station. Here's the sign. Also random and oddly disturbing (and might i add...mildly arousing!)


And finally, a classic "Engrish" sign.


The librarian at yon-chu was excited to show me their selection of english books, and had me check out a book called "Flowers for Avergnon." While the title seemed vaguely familiar, I had no idea what it was about. I did brief internet research and it sounded cool, so tonight I started reading it. Anyone out there read this book? It's really cool so far. I'm about 65 pages in. I reccomend it so far.

Lates.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you on the day after typhoons. Because the day after Hurricanes come through, you can bet on some of the most beautiful weather you've ever seen.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ryan. what is up buddy . i wanna come to japan to visit you. it looks way funnier than the middle east. everyone here is to serious.go figure. no funny signs or anything. and all im saying is that if you put an israeli next to an arab, i cant tell the difference. and i live here. there its very crear who is what. nice. love you cousin. kevin

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you mean Flowers for Algernon? Isnt that about a test mouse or something? Well whatever dude, keep on rockin' Japan

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Ryan, your Blogs saves me daily!!!!

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I's likes the pics. I's likes the pics. Man, I want to try some of that grub. Mummy, will you kindly fly Jenny, the kids and I out to Japan?

6:33 AM  
Blogger PT said...

Hey, how did those podcasts of the Japanese phrases with the beats in the background work out, and where did you find them? Sounds really interesting. Keep up the blog; it's nice to be reminded of the good times this summer.
-PT

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't that algernon honey bunny?

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home