Oh my god, I live in Japan

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My bowels are well-lubed for your pleasure.

Sorry about that. It's just my way of saying I ate way too much greasy food tonight.

Today, I woke up at 7:15, ate Japanese-brand Frosted Flakes, then headed to school. Today was my first day of actually teaching at yon-chu, finally. I taught three 2nd grade class (2nd grade of junior high, so about 13-14 year olds) with Nakazawa-sensei. She's a cute little lady of about 25 or 26 and she's very nice. Today, she had some kickin' BO though. I didn't tell her.

The classes were great, though. Basically, I did a self-introduction and let kids ask questions about me. They all seemed interested in if I had a girlfriend. The last class spent about 15 minutes asking if I knew the video games they liked. Anytime I did, they all cracked up. One kid asked me to be his valentine, so I said "Okay! Ai shitteru yo." This means "I love you," but Japanese people really don't say it to each other. Needless to say, the class geeked out for literally 3 minutes. So after the self-introductions, the kids played bingo (i read words in english) and then they talked about TV they watched. It was fucking easy work. But it was fun!

After work, I came home and talked to some people online, lied down to watch some Japanese MTV, and then went to eat Ramen at my favorite joint- ninniku genkotsu ramen. That place rules. Then I got some more gyunyu (milk) at the grocery and came home. It was then that Nagasawa (not to be confused with Nakazawa, which believe me, I am) called me for yakiniku. So I met up with him, Matsuura, Okechan, and the other young male teacher Nakahata or something. We ate yakiniku and I had a massive beer. It was great and i'm, as mom might say, a little tipsy. Now I'm home and getting ready for bed.

My sincerest apologies about not posting many pictures here. To be honest, I haven't been taking as many pictures as I should be. Like last night, in Tsukuba, I saw a gas station sign of a cartoon little boy peeing, and a hotel called "Hotel California." I should be carrying my camera around more, I know.

That's all for now. Lates.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shhhh... said...

Eh... Niiiise. Please allow me to cleanse your greasy bowel with a little Dawn... that shit cleans everything!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how on earth do you keep it all straight? japanese is confusing. do they have normal milk there? i wouldn't think they do too much in the way of dairy. i saw dave matthews at the spur of the moment last night. they were good, but dave matthews draws a faggotty-ass crowd. what up with manami?

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i keep forgetting to tell you that it's me, courtney, writing to you

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home