Oh my god, I live in Japan

Saturday, September 02, 2006

The weekend.

Last night was pretty sweet. See, because yesterday marked the beginning of second semester of the japanese school year, all my colleagues threw in 3500 yen each for a big after-work party. This meant that I went with a bunch of Japanese people that I barely knew and showed them how we Americans get fucked up. Yeah, apparently its a totally normal thing to get wasted in front of your boss, because hes getting fucked up too. It was great watching a principal of a public junior high school get wasted. So yeah, we were all at an izakaya drinking nomihoudai style (all you can drink) and eating a ton of awesome food (great sashimi, salmon carpaccio, yakitori, some thing ive never seen before but had like fried rice, etc). A bunch of my colleagues would come sit over by me and we all got to know each other better, and it was a lot of fun. The thing that sucks is I cannot remember these peoples names at all. I feel bad, because they all know my name, but goddamn, thirty or so japanese names to remember is no easy feat.

Today has been kinda boring. I woke up at about 815, watched some japanese tv, then went and checked out downtown Tsuchiura, or the area around the train station. It was alright, a couple department stores and I found the route to Tokyo and stuff like that. Then I went back home, watched tv and cooled off a little because its hot today, got some ramen, and rode my bike around some more until I found an Internet cafe, where I am now. Not very exciting, but thats okay.

There you have it. Dont know what Im going to do tonight, but i found some gaijin-friendly looking bars downtown, so maybe ill hit that up. Word. Lates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home