Oh my god, I live in Japan

Friday, September 01, 2006

Thats why they call me the workin' man.

Today was my first day of work. Actually, i'm still there. Today the students didnt really have school though, really more like a half-day thing. I have been pretty clueless the whole day, but my colleagues (all Japanese, im the only foreigner in the school) are pretty nice and one english teacher is 24, lieks drinking, and plays bass...so i think im going out with him tonight. Ill have pictures of my tiiiny apartment as soon as I can get internet access at home. My backyard is, you might say, quite a trip.

So basically, I came to work by bike (yes, i ride a bike around my town) at like 730. Then I sat in the office for a while, met the principal and other faculty, then there was an opening ceremony thing where some of the kids made speeches about their summers and others accepted awards. Here, I walked up on stage in front of 680 12-15 year old Japanese kids, and introduced myself in Japanese. I said my name, age, hobbies, how i liked japanese food and movies, said my teachers were nice, i was happy. All this kind of crap. I threw some slang in too to make them laugh. I was a little nervous, but I guess i pulled it off. The principal was like `Nice-a speechu` so i guess it was okay Japanese.

We just got done with a really boring, 2-hour meeting that i had no idea what anyone was talking about. All i know is next week is sports week, so I just watch kids play sports all day. Nice. I wanna get drunk tonight. Bye.

1 Comments:

Blogger ryanmarks said...

Ronnie g...i love it.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home