Oh my god, I live in Japan

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Good day.

It's about 9 PM, I'm jamming some Crowded House/Finn Brothers on shuffle on my computer, and I just got back from my 3rd night in a row of having ramen for dinner. That shit is just too good. Today, I had miso ramen at the chinese restaurant near my apartment/school. I met up with three teachers there- Nagazawa-sensei, Matsuura-sensei, and Oke-chan (can't remember his full last name, but he told me to call him 'oke-chan' because we are 'mabudachi' or best friends, cute right?). They're 24, 24, and 26 respectively and our mutual abilities (or lack thereof) of each other's native languages are enough to get by and have a good time. Before that, I rode my back all around Tsuchiura, just to see what I could find, and I THINK I found a sukiyaki joint. Not sure, but they had pictures of thinly-sliced meat and an area in the center of the tables for a hot-pot. I will have to investigate furthur, for shizzle.

Tomorrow, I teach two kindergarten classes. It sould be fun and really cute. Then I head back to yon-chu for more sports festival practice. After the festival, Saturday night, the plan is to go out with all the colleagues, eat really good food, and get totally wasted, so i'm looking forward to that.

My only complaint right now is that I wish my japanese was better. A lot better. Imma study hard. Ooh, "Fall at your Feet" just came on- nice.

-ryan

6 Comments:

Blogger Shhhh... said...

Hey handsome boy... I love that you are publishing pretty much daily. I feel as if you are right here with me (or rather, I with you). Sounds awesome. Glad you found some peeps to hang wit. Spencer is currently telling Amy some shite about Imba... but I don't know what. Halle cried and cried about Jordy. Spencer just wants to know why he would want to be in a box and said to "tell nani and poppi don't put him in there."

One more thing you might find amusing... Yesterday, Spencer was with me in the bathroom, and she said "Let's get the fuck out of here. It stinks."

8:40 AM  
Blogger ryanmarks said...

hahaha awesome.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you're adjusting pretty well, little guy. i'm so impressed by how adventurous you are. but shame on you and jonny for teaching that little angel, spencer, to swear. be careful with all that getting wasted in such a foreign country. tell your best friends i said to take care of you.

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that was me, courtney

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate how your not always on line when I want to send you links..so I gotta do it this way.


http://www.keithemerson.com/Gallery/2004Appearances/April-Anaheim/2004Apr20Anaheim.html

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are such a homo with this man journal. Hahah, where in Japan are you ..obviously not in tokyo.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home