Oh my god, I live in Japan

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Seriously, I am the working man.

Today, I had a long fucking day.

Woke up at 7:15, cashed what was probably my 10th box of frosted flakes (it's the only decent cereal they have here), and headed to school. I taught the 3rd graders (14-15) today for the first time. Good, because I met the rest of the kids, bad because I was co-teaching with my boss, who for some reason just is not nice to me. Or she just doesn't seem to like me. It's weird, too, because the 3rd graders were far more reluctant to speak english than the 2nd graders (or even the 1st graders), which kinda made me wonder. But I guess that's just a shy age to be, or something like that.

Anyhoo, I made 4 or so self-introductions, which gets old fast, but it's okay. Got done with work and then headed to my part-time job. Much more relaxed setting. I was a little nervous, but it was really easy. I taught a class of 4 students and then another one of 6. Their english is much better than the yon-chu kids. At the end of class, i distributed lyrics for "Owner of a Lonely Heart" and we listened to it. Some people remembered it, some chuckled, some bobbed their heads. It was fun. One lady said it reminded her of the 80s and "Video Killed The Radio Star." I said "Does it bring back memories" and she said "Yes!" and everyone laughed. Anyways, I got paid 8000 yen in cold cold hard cash. NICE.

Anyways, after that I headed home. It's 10:30, the latest i've been awake on a weekday so far (i think). I just ate 2 onigiri from sunkus (pronounced 'Sunks,' it's a conbini or "convenience store). Onigiri is rice shaped in a triangle, wrapped in seaweed, and stuffed with a variety of things. I had diced chicken and mayonnaise. It's really good.

Lately I've been jamming "True Faith" by New Order so hard. I don't know why. In fact, I - guess - there's - just - no - way - of - knowing.

4 Comments:

Blogger ryanmarks said...

I have to admit, ronnie g, i had you in mind when i mentioned that last part on my blog ;)

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blogs crack me up cause i can just imagine you saying the things you say...funny. =D

2:58 AM  
Blogger Shhhh... said...

Rysie... want me to send you some strawberry delights frosted mini wheats?

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u call that work???

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home