Oh my god, I live in Japan

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hi!

Two days ago, my kyushoku (school lunch) was absolutely deicious. As controversial of a food as it is, some 475 students and 30 or so faculty were served up a big ol' heapin' pile of WHALE! Actually, it tastes a lot like tuna. It's pretty good. Not all that crazy.

Following my consumption of the giant sea mammal, I saw Justice. Compared to Daft Punk, they were boring. Sorry to say it, but it's true. I'll take a Hey Champ DJ show any day.

Yesterday, some friends, Manami and I found a cool little bar in Urawa (part of Saitama City where I live) and in it, I had a tequila sunrise that was better than the one served at the Cottonhouse Bar thing near the beach.

I saw Sweenie Todd in the theaters, as it just came out here. Going into it, I didn't realize it was a musical. Should I be considered stupid for that? I thought it was a good movie, Depp has a cool sounding voice. Ultimately, though I found it lacking in any dept/character development, resulting in not really caring who lived or died. I really wanna see Juno.

No pictures for you today. Not even food. I'm sorry.

Finally, the new Hot Chip album, "Made in the Dark," is really really really good.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.

Sexy blog like always. I liked Justice when I saw them but I wasn't totally blown away. When it comes to house I like it deep or tribal.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know me...like Stephen, I too prefer my house to be more tribal and/or deep. That's jsut how I roll. Ryan, check out www.myspace.com/matthewryan. You'll likely hate it...Wade

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time for a new post...come on, Ryan!

Wade

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home