Oh my god, I live in Japan

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Ketchup.

Okay so there's not that much to report but a funny thing happened today at school. A little warning- this post is about to get dirty.

6th period I had extra-curricular English, which is when the good kids study and ask me questions about English, and the bad kids slack off, talk, and ask me questions about...well English. Except a different kind of English.

So today, there's this South Park loving group of about 4 or 5 3rd grade kids that i'm talking to...whatever. Then somehow the conversation turns into them asking me how to say "manko" in English. "Manko" is basically like the worst word you can say for "vagina," so even though I can think of worse, I tell them "pussy." Flash forward about 10 minutes later, and there are literally around 10 kids running up to me saying "OPEN THE PUSSY!!! OPEN THE PUSSY!!"

That's my story. One day I might get in trouble. But fear not, anyone who's worried about me keeping my job. Japanese people are much more open to that kind of talk in a public school than their American counterpart.

Other than that, this weekend I raged in Tsukuba with Nam and Mike, two JETs in the area. And man did we rage. I got some good drunken Japanese practice in there, and that was fun. Saturday I was exhausted, but managed to make the poker game, and WIN IT! Boo-yah!

Now it's Thursday, pretty standard week. Manami gets back from America tomorrow so that kicks ass. Had an interview in Tokyo that I think went fairly well. A couple more interviews coming up.

That's all for now. And i'm out. Sorry about slacking on the pictures front, as usual.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. I'm gonna have to use that line tonight.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait..this is amy..sorry i'm just getting up to speed on the blog...did you say crowded house is getting back together...sweeet

6:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ry-guy, just got my ticket to Coachella. Crowded House here I cum! I'll pour one out for you bro-bra

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This lack of posting is unacceptable. Stop having fun and start typing! Your blog cheers my days and without it i am lost. ha ha. no really. Miss you. Lucy

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home