Oh my god, I live in Japan

Monday, January 29, 2007

The weekend and then some.

Let's start from Thursday.

I had an interview with a company who's name I forget, just because I want to keep my options open as far as living in Japan and such. Needless to say, the interview went really well (knock on wood) and one of the two woman who interviewed me kept talking to her friend about how cute I was. She was in her mid 50s probably, nice lady, and I don't think she realized I could understand her Japanese. But I could....bitch.

After the interview, I was in a happy mood. I then met up with Hoko who I hadn't seen since like November or something. We went to Ikebukuro (again) and ate dinner at MoMo Paradise (again...all-you-can-eat sukiyaki or shabu shabu...we shabu shabuded). This time, though, we also opted for the all-you-can-drink. Well let's just say I drank-all-I-could! AND HERE'S PROOF!


I think we all know what happens when I drink- I TRY AND TAKE PICTURES WITH PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW! It's the same deal in Japan!!


And here was my failed attempt to get a picture with some J punk girls on the train. Also in this picture, you can notice how terrible I am at tying my tie. I have 20 years of mom and dad tying my tie to thank for that one :-P


After some running around Ikebukuro, I went home. It was a fun night, until I woke up still drunk and had to be at work. Poor Japanese students of mine.

Anyhoo! After work Friday, Manami came to town and we ate at the always delicious Aoi (teppanyaki). We've eaten there so much that the next time we go, we get 1000 yen off. Solid!

Saturday, Manami was working, so I hooked up with a gaijin buddy of mine I met a couple weeks ago. He is exactly like Paul Bouegois, in case anyone who is reading this knows who that is. So somehow, the guy knew about a punk/hardcore show going on in Ushiku, so I thought I'd check it out with him. It was fun, small little "raibu hausu" (live house) with like 6 bands, cheap beer, and I had my first green experience whilst in Japan. I'm talking about these crazy green limes I ate....yeah, that's it!

Cause Punk Revolution!



Sunday I headed to Chiba to hang out at Manami's house because it was her last day in the country for about two weeks. She's in LA now, which kinda sucks, but is okay so long as she's safe and having fun.

And finally- a picture of a giant stick of pocky. It's hard to tell the size of it, but the box they come in is the size of a ceral box. Woah.


Oh, and for dear, sweet, delicious Venetia- Here is everything you could possibly need to know about the past, present, and future of the derrogatory term that is "Kurisumasu keeki." (Click that)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, WOW. what a label i have. i should be "either discarded or sold as at a discount", as I am "past my prime.” !!!!!!! hope my mother isn't reading this...

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IS that a giant pocky in your pocket or.....

kisses Lucy

4:35 AM  
Blogger Douglas Friedman said...

Hey Ryan-

what do you know about Yume-Neko Smile?

i need it badly.

-douglasf

12:03 AM  
Blogger Douglas Friedman said...

http://www.segatoys.co.jp/yumeneko/index.html

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ryan, you didn't answer douggie. what gives? that toy is messed up but i kinda want one too.
court

4:19 AM  
Blogger ryanmarks said...

Ah my bad...you know i don't know what Yume-Neko Smile is...but I believe it means "Dream-Cat Smile"...not really sure??

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home