Oh my god, I live in Japan

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Having a good week!

Okay, so last week, things were starting to slow down, I was getting a liiiittle bit homesick and had been happier in my day. But this week is totally kicking ass. I made some new friends on Tuesday. We met up and played poker at a bar called VIP in Sakura Machi. Sakura Machi is a little area right outside of the train station that is filled to the brim with slezy bars, "pink" salons, hostess clubs, and all the rest of the kind of places that leave little to the imagination. Understandable, as "sakura" means cherry blossoms, which are pink and often have sexual connotations, and "machi" means "town" or "city." BUT, this place was different! I PROMISE! VIP doesn't charge you $30 an hour just for sitting in their bar. But, the girls do dress up in skimpy french maid outfits, which, i'm not gonna lie, is pretty awesome.

But alas, I dwell. There were 7 of us playing poker and I came in 2nd place and won 1000 yen. NICE. But I ended up spending said money on beer that night, so really I just had a free night of entertainment. It was actually my first time going out to bars in Tsuchiura and it was pretty fun. I got a little too drunk, stayed out a little too late, and was hungover and absolutely exhausted at work. But work is easy, so who cares.

Today, I hung out with the dude who took first place in Poker, named Nam, and his friend Yu. We went to Tsukuba (Nam has a car...solid) and ate delicious DELICIOUS Korean food. Korean food is fuckin' good. I had a spicy noodle bowl with good meat and some carrots, daikon, kimchi. I didn't take a picture though.

But, we went to an arcade and I did take a picture of this:


It's probably a little hard to tell, but it's one of those catching machines that grabs things like stuffed animals. Except instead of stuffed animals, this prize was a double-headed shot dispenser. I thought that was pretty awesome, funny, and picture worthy.

Then we went bowling. I got a 95. Not bad for being shitty at bowling.

That's it. I smell like Korea, thanks to poor ventilation in the restaurant. BYE!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ryan. Dont be homesick, you'll be on the beach soon! Lucy

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home