Oh my god, I live in Japan

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Slackin' off.

No pictures again. Been SERIOUSLY slacking in that department.

Can anyone tell me how old Billy's Boot Camp is? Random question right? Well, I ask because it is absolutely sweeping the nation of Japan right now. Manami has it, all my students joke about it, housewives talk about it like they're having an affair with the big beautiful black man. It's crazy. At least 3 years old right? It's kind of amazing though, because all they did was throw some Japanese subtitles on the pre-existing videos and the man has made millions more (i'm assuming) off the same core product. Makes me wish I could do something like that, but I'd rather not exert any energy into anything ever...though I do want to get me one of them Billy Bands to work my guns.

In other non-Japanese-but-in-Japan news, after years and years of wondering what those glorious restaurants seen in the ads of in-flight airplane magazines where beautiful Brazillian men bring huge slabs of meat on sticks to your table were like, I ate at one in Tokyo. Manami and I kinda splurged and hit Barbacoa Churrascuro (is that right?) in Aoyama, right off Omotesando which is like the um Champ-Elysses or Rodeo Drive or Michigan Ave or what have you of Tokyo. It was delicious. Seriously, it lived up to all my expectations and wasn't even that expensive. 4200 yen (about $40) for all-you-can-eat of various meats and a massive salad bar. Let's just say I took a huge poop a couple hours after that one. And again in the morning.

I'm leaving the country for a month in 17 days. Even though I was home in March, I'm soooo excited to see everyone and Leo...and Daft Punk....and Crowded House! And I'll be 23 by then. Fuck that, but what can you do?

See ya'll soon. Sorry this update sucked.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh don't say that. I think it was a wonderful update. Shoot, I'm pretty sure I would have been done a long time ago with trying to do this thing. Hell, you can't keep it up forever. When you feel like writing something, go ahead. If you don't, screw it. Don't worry about us schlubs.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And look, Ms. Niks. Don't be messin' with supercords. Supercords is one of the more kick-ass dudes I know. Ronnie G likes supercords.

4:26 AM  
Blogger PT said...

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about...my research lab group won't stop talking about Billy's Boot Camp. Come on now.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home